Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day the in Life - Part 2

This blog is about my daily (or weekly routine)...

So, I generally wake-up between 5:30 and 6. That's when the roosters start to crow, the bus passes along with other traffic. I feed my cat and excersize - usually in my house to some music and it varies daily. Next - I bucket bathe and make my breakfast of tea and crackers. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I go to the school to teach English in the morning. In the afternoon, I usually have a meeting with some one or I am preparing for English class or something else. On Wednesday morning, I try to go to the jewerly women's cooperative and visit with them. On Wednesday afternoon I sometimes have meetings or am trying to catch up from Tuesday. On Fridays I do laundry in the morning, eat lunch at a friend's house, and have a meeting in the afternoon, with the women working with the bees. When I get back, I have to do laundry again (its a three step process of 2 days). On Saturday, I finish doing my laundry and it hangs to dry. Depending on the week, I have meetings this day as well or I go visit friends, or I have Peace Corps meetings. On Sunday, I try to clean really well and get organized. Mondays are my shopping days or med days, so I'm usually getting ready for that. Anyway, as you can see, I'm not in my hosue much, which is a bummer because I want so more hammock time!

Also, though, this is very atypical for a Salvadoran women my age and I get the statement, you're not here very much are you? And, while I may not be in my house, I am in the community try to accomplish things, which sometimes they don't understand or get because almost no women they know do this. This used to bother me, but now, they see I'm doing things and so they've backed off a little bit, but also, I've become more comfortable in being different. But also, my schedule changes quite a bit, which is also unusual for people in my site. But I'm glad I have a little bit of a schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment