Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Work is Starting to Pour in!

Recently, I had a meeting with the school director, which was great! We talked about possible projects for the school. It looks like I will be doing a fair amount of English teaching, getting some school gardens going, and trying to set-up a computer lab and trying to find computers for the school. This will keep me rather busy, which is great, but I also have other projects! There is a group of women working with bees and another group of women making jewerly. The group of women making jewelry I don't have to do much with because they have been going for several years and they know what they are doing. However, the bee women will take a lot of my time - I just hope it succeeds! I really love the bees, they make me very happy, and this has inspired me to have bees in the States! Also, there is a group of kids who learned how to sew that I am going to try to work with as well, so I should be rather busy!

In regards to other things, life is going well. It is starting to get hotter, which means it's about (I think) 95 degrees in my site, which doesn't include humidity. It's really hot, but at least the nights still get cool for the most part. Also, I am hoping to move in with a family in a few months. I really like this family, and its so nice to be around people when I'm feeling bored. This family is honest and wonderful, so I really hope it works out!

Also, I hope my parents are going to be able to come for a couple of days as well in early summer! That would be great, but if now I will see them at Christmas! Also, on the bus the other day, I saw two really funny things. The first: a man was sitting in the seat on the other side of the isle and in front of me. It was a warm day, and the bus was stationary. So, next thing I know, he is pouring a bottle of water over his head and scrubbing his head and face! He essentially took a shower on the bus! Then, later on during the ride, this woman behind and across from me lifted up her shirt and took her bra off. It isn't uncommon to see a woman's breast here when they breast feed, but this was bizarre because she had no child. I was with a friend, and we were both like - what's going on?! It was pretty entertaining though and gave me some good stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment