Friday, July 8, 2011

Attack of the Mosquitos!

So, I forgot how back the mosquitoes are in the rainy season. Since the rains have just recently come to my site, there has been an extreme hatching! It's especially worse near my pila (where I have my water, so I wash my clothes, dishes, and everything but go to the bathroom and shower). They especially like my ankles, so I have started poisoning myself - don't worry totally legal - with OFF! But, I do have a headache from it, so I try to use it little as possible. Also, there is a something they put in the water here (in standing water) called abate, but the clinic doesn't have it, so people have to wash their pilas every other day. However, this is hard work, so most don't do this. So, there are TONS! It's like Rand at the forth of July, but hotter and wetter, so I can't wear long sleeves and pants. Also, they attack me when I'm bathing! They're relentless! I just am hoping I don't get dengue...

No comments:

Post a Comment